An easy set-it-and-forget-it crock pot recipe. that makes a hearty, flavorful meal to feed the entire family.
(Note: recipe modified from dailydiylife.com)
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 3 boxes Mrs T’s pierogis (potato or cheese)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound Polish kielbasa – sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in the crock-pot. Cook on high 3 – 4 hours until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- If you are not going to be home to give this a stir about half way through the cooking time, you may want to warm the chicken broth and cream cheese together in a sauce pan before adding it to the crock pot. The cream cheese may not melt evenly or could be lumpy if you are not able to give it a stir to break it up.