Crock Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham | Blue Frost Acres Recipes
Whenever you have leftover ham in the fridge, throw the ingredients in the slow cooker, turn it on and dinner is done. It's an easy and flavor-packed recipe for those on the go.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 hours
Total time: 8-10 hours
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan and set to medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until golden yellow, about 3 minutes.
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until peas are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.