Crock Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham | Blue Frost Acres Recipes
An awesome combination of two classic sandwiches. Perfectly melded to create a crispy, meaty, gooey blending of flavors that is sure to please.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 2.25 oz can black olives, sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan and set to medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté until golden yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, black olives, and pepper to the onions and garlic and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, brown rice and quinoa
- Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer until most of he chicken broth has been absorbed, about 15-20 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Makes a great side dish or vegetarian main dish.