Garlic Chicken and Artichoke over Spaghetti Squash
This flavorful spaghetti squash dish is loaded with nutrients and makes an excellent healthy substitute in pasta recipes.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise
- Remove seeds and center of each half of spaghetti squash and rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil on inside of each half
- Season each half with salt and pepper and place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet
- bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large sauté pan and set to medium heat.
- Add cubed chicken breasts, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder and sauté until golden brown.
- Add diced artichokes and sauté another 3 minutes the remove from heat and set aside.
- Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash from the shell and use a spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the sautéed chicken and artichoke hearts, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, marinara sauce, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss.
- Serve warm