Sweet & Spicy Green Beans | Blue Frost Acres
It is great as a starter to an Asian menu, or as a significant addition to a light stir-fry meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Arrange a steamer basket in a pot over boiling water, and steam the green beans 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic, garlic chili sauce, and honey.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans, and fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes, or until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Serve immediately.