Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls | Blue Frost Acres
Unstuffed cabbage rolls made with ground beef, cabbage, and diced tomatoes are a family-pleasing main dish perfect for weeknights... This is a quick and easy main dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot Dutch oven until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover Dutch oven, reduce heat, and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.
Great when served over a bed of rice.